|2. WHO DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM?|
|3. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?|
|4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?|
|5. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?|
|6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?|
|7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE?|
|8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?|
|9. YOUR RIGHTS|
If you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, store or use your information, or you would like to update the information we hold about you, you may contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone +44 (0) 1633 674 509 or by post by writing to: Next Generation Data Ltd., Celtic Way, Marshfield, Duffryn, Newport NP10 8BE.
|1c||What is Personal Data?|
|Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Therefore, your "personal data" means information about you, and any information from which you can be identified - either by reference to an identifier (for example your name, location data or online identifier (IP address)) or from factors specific to your physical, cultural or social identity.
2. WHO DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM?
|2a||We may collect personal data:|
|· From you, where you visit our website or contact us;
· from our third party suppliers; and
· from our customers.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
|3a||Information provided to us by you|
|Personal data is provided to us by you:
· when you enter information into our website; and
· when you contact us by email, by telephone or by post.
|3b||Information collected automatically by us|
|Personal data is collected by us automatically, when you visit our website – details of this are set out in section 4.|
|3c||Information provided to us by third parties|
|· Personal data is provided to us by third parties such as third parties who provide us with statistical analytics and tracking of who is using our website.|
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
|4a||Information provided to us by you|
|Personal data provided to us by you may include, as applicable:
· information that you give us by entering information into our website, e.g. your name and contact details given when providing feedback; and
· information that you give us when corresponding with us by email, by telephone, or by post, e.g. your name and contact details.
|4b||Information collected automatically by us|
|Personal data collected by us automatically, when you visit our Website, may include:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform; and
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), what you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
5. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
|5a||What your personal data is used for ►|
|5b||We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Information you give to us
We will use this information in order for us to provide you with a good service and to provide you with any information or assistance requested by you, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in providing you with information and retaining a record of this information.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, we would contact you for additional consent.
Information collected automatically by us
We will use this information:
· to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
· to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so; and
· as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in administering and improving our website and its features, and keeping our website secure.
|5c||Under what circumstances will NGD contact me? ►|
|Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide to us will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.|
6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
|6a||Your personal information ►|
|We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to NGD in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we share your personal data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your personal data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with NGD's procedures. If we wish to pass any sensitive personal data onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties, where relevant:
· our staff, agents and contractors;
· our professional advisors;
· third party contractors that provide services to us; and
· analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also share your information with third parties such as regulatory authorities, or where we are under a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example where we are required to share information in accordance with legislation, to prevent fraud and other criminal offences, or because of a court order). We may disclose your information in order to enforce our legal rights or to protect the legal rights of our members or others.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE?
|7a||What we do ►|
|We have security measures in place to restrict access to personal data, to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information and against damage to, accidental loss or destruction of, your personal information.
The security measures applied include storing your personal information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of personal data to or from our servers, and only granting access to your personal information where necessary.
|7b||Third parties ►|
|The terms of our contracts with third party contractors include obligations on them in relation to what personal information they can process and what they can do with that information to ensure that such processing meets or exceeds the standards required by the GDPR.|
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
|8a||NGD will process collect, store and use the information you provide in a manner compatible with the GDPR. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Next Generation Data Ltd. is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Your personal information is kept in accordance with the data retention periods set out in our data retention policy.
9. Your rights
|You have certain rights under data protection legislation in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. These rights apply only in particular circumstances and are subject to certain exemptions such as public interest (for example the prevention of crime). They include:
· the right to access your personal information;
· the right to rectification of your personal information;
· the right to erasure of your personal data;
· the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data;
· the right to data portability;
· where the justification for processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw such consent at any time;
· the right to object to direct marketing; and
· the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office about the use of your personal data.
If you would like to contact us about your rights, please see the contact details in section 1 [INSERT
|9a||What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this? ►|
|NGD accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
· driving licence;
· birth certificate; and/or
· utility bill (from last 3 months).
|10a||The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
When a server receives a request from a computer which stores a cookie from the website, the server is able to use the information stored in the cookie in combination with the information stored on the server to allow the website to respond to you as an individual and to tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. A cookie cannot collect information from your computer and cannot carry any viral or other damaging files.
|The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. The information stored in the cookies from our website is used exclusively by us, except for those identified below as "third-party cookies". These "third party cookies" are used and managed by external entities to provide services requested by us to improve our services and your browsing experience. The main services for which these "third-party cookies" are used are to obtain access statistics.
We do not store personal data such as your address in the cookies that we use.
|10c||What specific cookies use this website and for what purposes?|
These cookies obtain generic information on the user's accesses to the website (not to its content) in order to provide us subsequently with aggregated information of these accesses for statistical purposes.