DCS Awards 2014
NGD Selected as Colocation Supplier of the Year Finalist
Vote for NGD online at http://www.dcsawards.com/voting.php
London - April 2014: Next Generation Data (NGD) is pleased to announce it has been shortlisted as a Finalist in the DCS Awards 2014 “Hosting/Co-location Supplier of the Year” category.
The final winner of this category will be decided by public vote which opens on 1st April until 1st May http://www.dcsawards.com/voting.php with the winner announced at the DCS Awards Ceremony taking place on 15th May at the prestigious Millennium Hotel London Mayfair.
NGD was selected as a Finalist by the judging panel based on the following credentials:
- The foresight to recognise the growing importance of power availability to future-proof high density compute requirements being driven by virtualisation and cloud computing
- The transformation of a semi-conductor plant into a successful world class data centre achieving and maintaining PUEs as low as 1.2
- A longstanding 100 per cent commitment to renewable energy demonstrating it is possible to reconcile vast power and resilience requirements with a genuinely green carbon reduction agenda
- Large economies of scale allowing flexibility to accommodate both very large and very small customers at very competitive prices
- Impressive security, operational and environmental accreditations: IL-3, ISO 27001/14001/9001,SSAE-16 / SAS70, PCI DSS, and BREEAM
About NGD Europe
NGD Europe is able to support High Density Environments for such power-hungry and intensive applications as Big Data, Cloud Computing, Super Computing and Grid Computing. It is ideally suited to large enterprise organisations wishing to consolidate their existing space- or power-restricted data centre operations, as well as service providers and systems integrators operating single or multiple racks.
Capable of housing up to 19,000 server racks, NGD Europe is a purpose-built tier 3 carrier-neutral facility offering 750,000 sq ft of highly secure and cost-effective space. Racks can be arranged into self-contained and colocation data halls of various sizes all with independent services, resilient power and cooling systems. NGD Europe’s environmentally-friendly high level technology infrastructure has been designed to meet and exceed the ever increasing demand for more computing power. Its many features include a 180 MVA 100 per cent renewable energy power supply connected directly to the super grid via an on-site sub-station. There are also multiple on-site high-speed, low latency carrier interconnects.
For further information
Tel: 01633 674 518
Strategic Public Relations Limited
Tel: 0118 948 7099